Hey everyone! If you have ever been over to My Collection page, you probably noticed that I have a lot of pens! As you develop your taste in pens, you begin finding the pens that really speak to you, and those usually are the ones you want to use most. As awesome as it is to have these awesome pens that you love to use so much, you begin to neglect other great pens that don’t make the rotation as often as before. There has been many great posts from around the fountain pen community displaying great “trimming of the herd” sales to bring their collections down to levels where they can actually use all of their pens. The one that stands out the most is how Dr. Jonathan Deans (The Pen Economist) “Capping Your Collection” has developed a system that works for him where he only has 10 pens at any given time. If he finds a new pen he wants, he sells one from his collection to make room for it, so this makes you think long and hard if you really want this pen more than the 10 you already own.
Now I am not quite ready to go to this extreme, but I do want to begin selling some pens that don’t get as much love as they should. I am going to be completely honest and tell you that all proceeds from these sales will almost definitely be converted into new pens! Not much surprise there!
I will entertain any reasonable offers or trades. I do not have defined “want” list, but I am open to considering new and exciting pens that you may have!
The pictures flipped around on me for some reason, so sorry about that!
All prices are in USD and shipping is not included. I am new to selling/shipping pens (I am usually on the buying end), but I will ensure it is packed safely. As for the cost of shipping, I am shipping from Saskatchewan, Canada using Canada Post, so the cost will vary depending on where you live. If you are interested in a pen, just contact me and I will do my best to quote you a rate. Shipping is not overly cheap from Canada, so the more you buy, the better deal it is! 🙂
If you are in Canada and would prefer to purchase in CAD, contact me and I will do the conversion myself and give you a bit better rate than the exchange rate on the date of purchase.
Parker Vacumatic – $100 (Sold) Pilot Custom 74 – $85 (Sold)
- Eclipse Green Celluloid Flat Top – $50
- Sheaffer Prelude – $30
- Sheaffer Javelin – $25
Esterbrook J – $35 (Sold) Sheaffer Craftsman Tip-Dip Touchdown – $30 (Sold)
- Walthom Fountain Pen – $15
- Eclipse “Snakeskin” Fountain Pen – $20
- Rosetta Napolean – $25
- Platignum Silverline – $20
More details and pictures below.
Pens for Sale
Parker Vacumatic – $100 Sold
- Condition – Good
- Restored by Dirck de Lint (Raven’s March)
- New diaphragm, added a clip and jewel (was missing when I first purchased it
- Semi-flex 14kt gold nib that writes super wet! (writing sample below)
- Some tarnish on the cap band
- Made in Canada
- Pat. No. 318982
Pilot Custom 74 – $85 (Sold)
- Fine-Medium 14kt gold nib
- Condition – Excellent (inked 6 times)
- Originally wrote super dry. Nib worked on by Dirck de Lint (Raven’s March)(tines were too close together), and now it writes like a dream.
Eclipse Green Celluloid Flat-Top – $50
- Condition – User grade/fair
- Clip is missing
- End finial is missing, exposing the inside of the barrel
- Cap band is loose
- All cosmetic and does not effect the performance of the pen
- Sac replaced by Dirck de Lint (Raven’s March)
- 14kt gold nib
- Has some spring to it
- Super smooth
Sheaffer Prelude – $30
- Condition – fair
- Medium nib
- Tines are slightly spread (like that when I purchased it) causing the occasional hard start.
- Writes very wet
- Convertor included
Sheaffer Javelin – $25
- Condition – NOS (New Old Stock)
- Inked once
- Medium nib
- No convertor included
- Takes Sheaffer cartridges
- Very satisfying click when you cap the pen.
Esterbrook J – $35 (Sold)
- Condition – Good, Restored
- Nib options – 1551, 1555 (Gregg), 9460
- Check out this chart to see the translations
- I also have a black Esterbrook J (not restored) that I will include for an additional $10
- Each will include one of the above nib sizes (I only have one of each)
- Has a broken section, so you are paying for just the nib, but I can send the whole pen for parts
- I also have a Venus fountain pen, which takes Esterbrook nibs
- Body is user-grade (end of the pen chewed)
- Sac has been replace by Dirck de Lint (Raven’s March)
- Never inked with the new sac
- $15 for the pen and choice of above listed nib (I only have one of each)
- $50 for everything included
Sheaffer Craftsman Tip-Dip Touchdown – $30 (Sold)
- Condition – Good
- Pastel Green
- Touchdown filler (pneumatic filler)
- G1 nib (Shorthand)
- Writes fairly dry
Walthom Fountain Pen – $15
- Condition – Body in good condition. Filling system restored. Ink doesn’t flow to the page.
- Button filler
- restored by Dirck de Lint (Raven’s March)
- Nib does not have any tipping, but is rather folded back to create the tip
- The pen fills fine, but I cannot seem to get the ink to flow to the page. I have not put a whole lot of time into it, but my guess is that the feed and nib have a gap that is not allowing the ink to flow properly.
- It is a neat little good looking pen that would be a nice one to tinker with. If you have any tips on fixing it, I am all ears and am willing to attempt fixing it myself.
Eclipse “Snakeskin” Pen – $20
- Sac restored by Dirck de Lint (Raven’s March)
- Body condition good. Nib recently smoothed by me.
- Inked once (since being restored)
- Just discovered that the ink leaks out of the nib into the cap and may blob on the page while writing
- Dropped price from $35 to $20 because of this
Rosetta Napolean – $25
- Medium nib
- Brand new nib and section from the manufacturer
- Includes mini-convertor
- Screw cap/screw to post
- Pocket pen
Platignum “Silverline” – $20
- Condition – Body good, nib fair, filler fair
- Nib is B2 (Bold calligraphy nib)
- Squeeze filler
- Sac has not been replaced since I have been in possession, and I do not know the history of the pen before purchasing it. Has some staining on the inside, but it does not leak or contaminate the colour of the ink.